Crow’s feet, laugh lines, wrinkles under the eyes; would you rather get rid of them? Wrinkles around and under the eyes can be experienced as a nuisance. The skin around the eyes is the place where the first signs of skin ageing can be seen. Wondering how under-eye wrinkles and crow’s feet form and how to reduce them? We will tell you all about it in this article!
What are crow’s feet?
Crow’s feet are wrinkles around the eyes that appear when you smile. These wrinkles have a crow’s-foot pattern, which is why they are often called crow’s feet. Crow’s feet are also known as laugh lines, which we think is a more positive term. Crow’s feet are caused by laughing, talking and squinting. When you laugh, the skin contracts around your eyes. This creates folds in the form of crow’s feet.
When you are young, these folds quickly smooth out again. This is because young skin is still very elastic, as it contains a lot of collagen. When we get older, the elasticity in the skin decreases because our body produces less collagen. As a result, wrinkles remain visible and eventually crows feet appear.
How do wrinkles form under the eyes?
Wrinkles under the eyes are caused by reduced elasticity and decrease of collagen in the skin. Collagen fibres give the skin firmness and elasticity. After the age of 25, the production of collagen decreases more and more. The skin loses its firmness and elasticity and becomes slack. The skin sags and the first fine lines and wrinkles appear around the eyes.
Crow’s feet are expression lines, dynamic wrinkles caused by repetitive muscle movement in the face. Crow’s feet increase with overactivity of the eye-ring muscle. The eye-ring muscle is connected to the skin around the eyes. When this muscle contracts, the skin folds and wrinkles appear. As the firmness and elasticity (collagen) in the skin decreases, these wrinkles become deeper and more permanent.
In the top photo you can clearly see the crow’s feet. The photo shows how the crow’s feet and wrinkles under the eyes have been considerably reduced. The collagen eye masks from Skin for Skin were used for this.
How can you reduce crow’s feet?
There are different ways to reduce wrinkles and fine lines under and beside the eyes:
- Prevent extra collagen breakdown. In This article you can read which factors break down collagen more quickly. As a result, the skin loses its firmness and elasticity and ages faster.
- Replenish collagen deficiency from within. With our collagen supplement you supply the right building blocks to the skin. The cells in the skin can use these building blocks to produce new collagen, thereby strengthening the skin from the inside out.
- Use a good eye mask. Eye masks are specially developed for the delicate and thin skin around the eyes. Our ‘BYE BYE WRINKLED EYE’ eye mask fills in crow’s feet and fine lines instantly.
- Invest in a good eye cream. The skin around the eyes deserves a different treatment than the face. A good eye cream with the right active substances is therefore a good addition to your beauty routine.
- Of course, you can also visit a cosmetic doctor to reduce crow’s feet. Botox can paralyse the eye-ring muscle, as it were, preventing it from contracting.
Directly fill wrinkles under the eyes!
Fine lines and wrinkles under and around the eyes can be instantly filled with the revolutionary collagen eye masks from Skin for Skin. These collagen eye masks consist of pure native collagen and a hyaluronic activation serum. The collagen eye masks hydrate, rejuvenate, repair, soften and brighten the skin around the eyes. In addition, the eye masks instantly fill in fine lines and wrinkles. Ideal after a long night or before a special day/party!