What to do about hair loss? Hair loss is a natural process. However, it affects some more than others. Many different factors influence the growth of your hair. We list some of the causes for you:
- Heredity. Hair loss often runs in families and there is nothing you can do about it. This form of hair loss is also called androgenetic alopecia.
- Ageing. As you get older, your hair does not grow as long and becomes weaker and thinner.
- Hormonal fluctuations. When you are pregnant or going through the menopause, you may experience hair loss. Hormonal fluctuations affect the hair growth cycle.
- Stress. Stress can also disturb your hormone balance. This disruption can lead to hair loss.
- Unhealthy lifestyle. This can include poor nutrition (through a strict diet) or too little exercise.
- Hairstyles or headgear. A tight bun or braid, hair extensions and headgear can put too much stress on your hair.
- Chemotherapy. Chemotherapy can cause you to lose a lot of hair in a short period of time.
- Diseases, infections or disorders. These include fungal infections, thyroid disorders or iron deficiency.
Do you suddenly suffer from bald patches? If so, this may be a sign of the hair disease alopecia areata. In that case, consult your GP.
What you can do about hair loss depends on the cause. However, healthy diet and supplementation to nourish the hair and make it healthy and strong is a step in the right direction! Skin for Skin’s hair supplement is formulated with collagen and vitamins/minerals specifically for scalp and hair care. The result? Stronger and healthier hair! You can also massage the scalp to stimulate the blood flow and thus prevent hair loss and stimulate hair growth. This is possible with our hair massage brush.